[Sugar-devel] Activity

kushagra nigam kushagra1998 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 16:23:44 EDT 2019

Dear Sir,

I have an idea/activity which will invoke learning and fun simultaneously.
The game will be called the "Guess the Word".

How the game works : Each of the student will get their turn to draw
something on their screen. The screen will contain a word at the top, which
you have to draw and others to guess. Rest of them will look at the ongoing
drawing on their respective screen to guess what is being drawn. Say a
student is making the drawing of an orange, ones who guess it right are
scored according to the time taken (Bonuses who gets the fastest :P).
Moreover, the one who is drawing will also be scored on the basis of total
right guesses made by the others. So after say 5 rounds of the game the
cumulative sum of your drawing and guessing the right answer will tell the
winner.

Motto of the game : Group playing, interaction with other students,
artistic skills, vocabulary build up etc.

Technology required for the fluency of the game : It may happen that
students, instead of making a drawing write the word on the screen. This
will be taken care by optical character recognition(ML). Student will be
disqualified or his score will be deducted for doing this. Designing and
other stuffs as required.

I work with python and even worked with ML and other frameworks. However I
m still learning how to use Python with sugar activities. I already went
through your site to look for the material so that I can get a kickstart
before the start of the project.

I m just loving it how you guys took an advantage of technology for
educating children. Really very excited to showcase my skills and be a part
of this venture.

This is just a short proposal of something which I want to pursue as my
summer project for the GSOC 2019. Any advancements/queries are most
welcome.

Sincerely
Kushagra Nigam
kushagra1998 at gmail.com