[Sugar-devel] Customize your own Sugarizer APK

Lionel Laské lionel.laske at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 10:13:46 EDT 2019

Hi all,

Some of you asked me how to customize (remove or add activities) the
Sugarizer Android APK.
The process is described here
<https://github.com/llaske/sugarizer/tree/dev#build-application-for-android-and-ios>
but it require to install and configure an Android development environment
that's not a so easy task.

For our current Sugarizer deployment in schools of Saint-Ouen, I've just
packaged a small tool named "Sugarizer APK builder" to allow more easily to
customize the Sugarizer APK. Technically it's a docker container that
encapsulate Android SDK and tools required to build Sugarizer.
See more how and why to use it here:
https://github.com/llaske/sugarizer-apkbuilder

This tool is currently in beta, so I will be please to hear feedbacks on it.

Best regards from France.

          Lionel.