[Sugar-devel] Step wise tutorial: Can't create a new activity

Dave Yashashvi yashashvidave at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 08:43:35 EDT 2019

Hi! I am Yashashvi, interested in applying for GSoC this year with
SugarLabs.

I have started following this:
https://github.com/llaske/sugarizer/blob/master/docs/tutorial_step1.md tutorial
to get myself familiar with desktop activities.
Here is the following I did in order:
* Forked this repo locally: https://github.com/llaske/sugarizer
* Created new branch
* Add new folder and other changes as suggested in this
<https://github.com/llaske/sugarizer/blob/master/docs/tutorial_step1.md>
tutorial
OS: MacOS
Browser: Safari (I have disabled local file restrictions as suggested in
tutorial)

I am not able to see new icon for newly added activity as show in tutorial
<https://github.com/llaske/sugarizer/blob/master/docs/tutorial_step1.md>.
What could be wrong here? Is it because I am using MacOS? Should I run this
on Linux OS? Or `sugarizer` application is OS independent and only depends
on browser?
--
Thanks and regards
Yashashvi Dave