[Sugar-devel] Help-21 fails to start

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Mar 5 22:25:42 EST 2019

Thanks for your interest.

There's no Help-21 yet.  Latest is Help-20.

https://github.com/godiard/help-activity is the most recent source
code, not https://github.com/sugarlabs/help-activity.  The latter is
an informative fork.

There should be no html/index.html file in the repository, as it is a
file generated by building.  The repository is not an activity bundle,
but source code for building an activity bundle.  The instructions to
build the bundle include
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Help/Contribute#How_to_get_freshest_Help_sources,
in particular the dependencies such as Sphinx must be installed, then
use "make html", and the dist_xo target of setup.py

You'll also see that setup.py is quite different to other activities.

I'm yet to make a new release of Help since v20 in 2015, but it is on
my list to do.  In deploying it as v20.1 on OLPC laptops, I maintain a
separate branch, and patch the Sugar version to match what is
installed.

https://github.com/godiard/help-activity/issues has a list of issues.

On Wed, Mar 06, 2019 at 10:41:11AM +0800, Tony Anderson wrote:
> The version of the Help activity in github.com/sugarlabs has only an es
> folder in the html folder. It fails to start when trying to display
> html/inde.html (not found).
>
> Tony

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/