[Sugar-devel] Sugar Dashboard, Fedora 18 Test issues

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Jun 27 18:26:46 EDT 2019

Thanks Hrishi.

1.  launch_bundle; is in Sugar 0.112,

2.  sugar3.graphics.icon.CellRendererIcon; is in Sugar 0.112,

You are probably using an earlier version of Sugar bundled in
Fedora 18.

OLPC OS uses latest Sugar packages instead of bundled packages because
it is easier than pushing downstream, and downstream will usually
cease packaging once the distribution release is announced.

OLPC OS 13.2.10 uses Sugar 0.112 from late last year, and you can find
the packages here;

http://rpmdropbox.laptop.org/f18/

You can use the .rpm files if they are compatible architecture, or the
src.rpm files with rpmbuild if you are not using a compatible
architecture.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 09:02:03PM +0530, Hrishi Patel wrote:
> Hello,
> For the previous discussion, see this issue: [1]https://github.com/Hrishi1999/
> Dashboard.activity/issues/2
>
> I set up my Fedora 18 test environment, installed sugar. Now if I run the
> activity, I get the following errors:
>
> 1) ImportError: cannot import name launch_bundle
> I am using launch_bundle from sugar3.activity.activity, earlier used
> jarabe.journal.bundlelauncher, none of them are present
>
> 2) [2]https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/Bp9m5xxDnoAojz1OXp7pew
> The additional argument has been deprecated.
>
> Thanks!

> [1] https://github.com/Hrishi1999/Dashboard.activity/issues/2
> [2] https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/Bp9m5xxDnoAojz1OXp7pew

James Cameron