[Sugar-devel] Introduction to community

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Jul 28 22:11:50 EDT 2019

Thanks for asking.  All tasks contain some design.  There is more to
do than can possibly be done.  We don't have time to make a list.

Could you please self-direct?  Please use Sugar, Sugarizer or Music
Blocks, and choose what to work on, based on;

* your time,

* your interest,

* your equipment,

* how many other people are also interested, and;

* your previous experience with the languages, tools, and operating
  systems.

You are always the best judge of these things.  If you fail in one of
these areas, you can self-improve.

Lionel can tell you what needs doing in Sugarizer.  Walter can tell
you what needs doing in Music Blocks.  For Sugar, what needs doing is;

* maintenance of activities, through to release and publishing,

* back-porting Sugarizer activities to Sugar,

* adaption of Sugar to high resolution displays,

* review and testing of work by others.

You began looking at www-sugarlabs.  New developers should avoid
changes to our infrastructure, such as web sites and documentation,
until they have demonstrated ongoing contribution to Sugar, Sugarizer
or Music Blocks.

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/