[Sugar-devel] Multiversion Packages of toolkit.

ANIKET MATHUR amathur at ec.iitr.ac.in
Tue Jul 2 02:32:49 EDT 2019

Yes, I was asking about Debian packages. Sorry for incomplete information.

I read sources of some Debian packages:-
~ They do use six for keeping multi-version compatibility.
~ Instead of a configure.ac, they use setup.py.
~ In setup.py, they define entry-points as per the commands from the
command line specifying python-foo or python3-foo.

I also did a github search for 'python configure.ac' , looked into a
considerable amount of commits of different users and organizations with
the motive of "why don't we ask for help from those who seems to be
successful in doing it".

>From my research, I found out that the guys at "balabit" seems to be able
to do it.
I opened an issue <https://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng/issues/2814> asking
for help and clearance.

The next step is to contact the Debian developers.

Thanks!