[Sugar-devel] setting up the development environment

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Dec 11 01:21:26 EST 2019

Hello Naman,

What you have to do is read the file .sugar/default/logs/shell.log to
find out why /usr/bin/sugar did fail.  Usually because of a missing
package.

Be sure you are using Ubuntu 19.04, because Ubuntu 19.10 fails because
of using version 0.116 of package python-sugar3.

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 11:44:42AM +0530, Naman Nimmo wrote:
> Hello mentors,
> I want to contribute to this open-source project. I have read the documentation
> already. I know python and want to contribute to "sugar", but I am facing some
> trouble in setting up the development environment. Once I installed Sugar on
> ubuntu 19.04, Sugar 0.112 does not start. In the docs, it is written that I
> need to first log out & then log in again, but It won't display anything once I
> type sugar in the terminal. What should I do?

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/