[Sugar-devel] Contributing to Open Source

D. Joe sugarlabs at etrumeus.com
Thu Dec 5 18:30:54 EST 2019

I'm wondering if you can please tell us something that might be very helpful: How did you find the contact information for the Sugarlabs mailing list without finding any of the getting started documentation?

Did someone give you the mailing list address, and if so, in what context was that presented to you?

Perhaps this would be someone we should be talking to also?

I'm wondering if there are changes we can make that help people more immediately self-direct on this point.

--
Joe

On Thu, Dec 05, 2019 at 03:26:56PM -0800, Raghav Aggarwal wrote:
> Can you tell me how do i get started in Sugarlabs for GSOC.?
>

> On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 1:22 PM Raghav Aggarwal <raghavaggarwal0089 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>     Thanks, I'll check them out.
>
>     On Sat, 9 Nov 2019, 2:41 am James Cameron, <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>
>         Welcome.  I've sent you my latest "How to get started as a Sugar Labs
>         developer [v7]" from 9th September.  You can also find it in the
>         mailing list archives.
>
>         On Fri, Nov 08, 2019 at 10:25:11PM +0530, Raghav Aggarwal wrote:
>         > Hi, My name is Raghav Aggarwal. I am currently pursuing B.Tech in
>         > Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati in India. I know python and
>         > I have worked on some technologies like Django, Flask, HTML, CSS,
>         > Javascript, Jquery. I want to contribute to open source in your
>         > community and I am new to this. Can you help me?
>
>         --
>         James Cameron
>         http://quozl.netrek.org/

Joe   On ceding power to tech companies: http://xkcd.com/1118/
man screen | grep -A2 weird
  A weird imagination is most useful to gain full advantage of
  all the features.