[Sugar-devel] GCI begins in less than 24 hours

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 17:19:14 EST 2019

Just a reminder that GCI begins at 13:00 ET on 1 December.

Please try to be available in the Sugar Labs IRC channel to help field
questions from the contestants.

Also, please remember that the contestants are youths ages 13-17, here not
just to participate but also to learn. Try to be patient with them.

Feel free to help them as you would any contributor. At the same time, we
expect them to adhere to our community standards and maintain
high standards. As far as approving tasks, please consult with one of the
admins (Ibiam, Lionel, and me) so that we can maintain a consistent
standard.

Communication about individual tasks is generally handled inside the
proprietary GCI platform, making it inaccessible to non-mentors. But we
should encourage the students to use IRC and this list when possible so
that the entire community can have a window into the work and discussions.
Mentors, please use this email list for our communications about GCI (with
the exception of a situation that would compromise the privacy of a
contestant).

We have 201 tasks published. We can add more as the contest progresses.
Mentors and non-mentors, please feel free to make suggestions to this list.

If you have any questions, please let Lionel, Ibiam, or me know.

regards.

-walter

--
Walter Bender