[Sugar-devel] Error on running sugar-activity

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Aug 1 22:40:18 EDT 2019

Yes, it is possible that your issue of running sugar activities was
introduced at the commit where the warning got updated, so you should
test the possibility by checking out the immediately prior commit.

You could also review the commit for functional change.

First, find the commit.

The message is in this file;

https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-toolkit-gtk3/blob/master/src/sugar3/activity/activityinstance.py#L138

According to "git blame", the whitespace was introduced by 3b28597.

https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-toolkit-gtk3/blame/master/src/sugar3/activity/activityinstance.py#L138
https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-toolkit-gtk3/commit/3b28597486951c225239c220def190377ee1739f#diff-35db2ad94d2c22d773bce7bb50fdacafL138

The whitespace is not welcome.  You may either remove it yourself,
tell Aniket about it, or if you don't want to work toward fixing it
create a new issue.

However, given that the error message you posted specifically
identifies the datastore as failing to start, it is more likely that
the commits to the datastore have introduced a regression.  I've given
you methods to prove that, but not enough information has been
revealed, and I've not had time to try it myself.  I had tested it
already, so don't want to waste time testing again unless I can see
what is different.

On speculation that you may not have been aware of the Port to Python
3 of the datastore, I've updated the instructions for native install;

https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/commit/e3206870eca3b99bc5baf43750318b72a481191c

Let me know if you had built the datastore for Python 2 by mistake.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/