[Sugar-devel] Draft proposal for developing 15 Sugarizer activities and submitting a compiled primary school curriculum

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Apr 8 22:16:34 EDT 2019

G'day Roohan,

Thanks for the proposal.  I've seen it.

Thanks for the suggestion for a curriculum.  Perhaps my mail on 2nd
April wasn't clear; I was suggesting referencing, or linking to,
already accepted curricula rather than make a new one.  Then your
activity documentation for teachers can include the link or key words.

proposals will converge toward what our community is seeking.  But it
is your choice; you may choose not to do so.  Minimum is to submit a
final PDF proposal on Google Summer of Code web site.  Others have
done this.

The number of activities doesn't matter as much as your demonstrated
capability and history of contribution to Sugar Labs.

I don't know what's wrong with Chrome.  I suggest looking at the
web console, and at all the source code of the activity.

On Tue, Apr 09, 2019 at 12:20:27AM +0530, Roohan wrote:
> Hello Mentor/Mentors,
>
> I have submitted a draft proposal from the official GSoC website for developing
> 15  Sugarizer activities from scratch.
>
> And, on suggestion from our esteemed mentor James Cameron,I have compiled a
> Maths and a science curriculum,and the links for the same are provided below:
>
>   • Maths curriculum:[1]https://github.com/roohanJr/GSoC/blob/master/
>     Maths%20curriculum
>
>   • Science curriculum:[2]https://github.com/roohanJr/GSoC/blob/master/
>     Science%20curriculum
>
> I would love to hear from you on this.I think having a well-structured
> curriculum will save a lot of time while deciding on the development of
> activities.
>
> I also have a few questions and I shall be grateful for the clarification of
> the same.
>
>       □ Do I also need to mail the draft-proposal to Sugar-mailing list or
>         submitting it through the official GSoC website is good enough?
>
>       □ I have submitted a draft proposal for developing 15 sugarizer
>         activities. I have decided the number of activities for keeping the
>         goal realistic and achievable for me. Is it enough or do I need to add
>         more activities?
>
>       □ I have developed a rough demo of one of my proposed activity.
>
>             Link to my demo activity:[3]https://youtu.be/Ag4BsWmcp1A
>
>         [4]
>
>     But I was not able to run my activity on Chrome . I downloaded the
>     Sugariser. master zip file and included my activity in the "Activities "
>     folder,and followed all the steps as instructed. On trying to load from
>     chrome, an error message is displayed saying: "Missing config file". How do
>     I solve this issue?
>
>     I shall be grateful if you tend to my queries
>
>     Thanking you
>
>     Roohan Rizvi

> [1] https://github.com/roohanJr/GSoC/blob/master/Maths%20curriculum
> [2] https://github.com/roohanJr/GSoC/blob/master/Science%20curriculum