[Sugar-devel] Draft for submission(Maintaining 25 activities)

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sun Apr 7 21:47:50 EDT 2019

The idea that a competent programmer will spend the summer working on
Sugar activities is exciting. However, the activities selected are the
best maintained in our repertoire. The following is a list of 25
activities that don't work (fail to start). These are activities from
the ASLO archive. In general they are implemented in GTK and so need
porting to GTK3 In most cases, no gitHub repository has been created.
There are some which are architecture dependent and will need to select
the correct binary from Intel, ARM, or 64-bit on launch.

Listen and Spell vocabulary, spelling, pronunciation isseu: Espeak
Anno Read with annotations issue: WebKit
Bubble toon top implements bubble popping game issue: Hulahop
Classroom Shares Sugar screen with connected XOs issue: subprocess call
Clic Player Game issue:Hulahop
Crikey Enhanced version of Measure issue: Dbus
EatBoom addition game issue: Flash
Elements activity on chemical elments issue: Hulahop
Image Processor apply image operations: blur, sharpen, ... issue: evince
JamCalibre Calibre issue: Calibre binary not found
JamEdit source code editor with highlighting issue: gtksourceview2
Joke Machine build library of jokes issue: Abiword
Jpeces Tangrams issue: X window
Madagascar information about Madagascar issue: Hulahop
Mathematical Adventure Fortune Hunter Role-playing game issue: vte
MathMe math game issue: launch issue
Minecraft emulates minecraft issue: Java
Neko cat follows XO mouse issue: gtksourceview2
Produce puzzle solve systems of equations with fruit as unknowns issue: vte
Puzzleton jigsaw puzzles issue: stop button
Restore restore part of backup-restore issue: stop button
Sketchometry fast sketching with geometrical shapes webkit issue
Sugar File Manager a file manager for sugar issue: gnomefs
Synonym_antonym activity improve vocabulary issue: malformed bundle
xophoto operations on photos, export-import from removable device issue:
needs module wnck

bonus:

Bridge erect a bridge without letting it fall into the gap issue: box2d
Block Party implements tetris issue: sound
Blender 3D graphics issue:  bad bin file
Dr. Geo geometry issue: squeakvm

Tony