[Sugar-devel] GSOC 2019 - Project Proposal

Apoorv Jain apoorv.jain25 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 13:53:23 EDT 2019

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

I am Apoorv Jain, a final-year undergraduate student of Computer Science &
Engineering from Bharati Vidyapeeth's College of Engineering. I have
knowledge & experience of working on various python modules such as OpenCV,
Scikit-learn, Scipy, NumPy, MatPlotlib, Pandas, Chatterbot, Flask, NLTK
and, scrapy etc. Along with it in the domain of deep learning, I have
experience of working on Keras, Tenserflow and great experience with
transfer learning as well. I even worked on several Image processing
projects out of my curriculum.

I am interested in contributing to the Sugar Labs as it has some really
great projects to work upon and also they align with my experience. I am
mainly interested in "Port Sugar and core activities to Python 3" as I have
done the importing of opendr library from Python 2 to 3 and "Improve and
maintain 25 Sugar activities".

The project is based on Python, which is my domain of interest. Kindly
check out my profile on LinkedIn for more information:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/apoorv-jain-110769100/

Github: https://github.com/apoorvjain25

Kindly let me know how to proceed forward with the application. Hoping for
a positive response at your earliest possible convenience.

Regards,
Apoorv Jain