[Sugar-devel] Going Through Proposals

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Apr 1 16:17:07 EDT 2019

Perhaps it depends on why you are reading them.

For giving feedback to students as a contributor or member of Sugar
Labs, keep the mailing list messages until you've answered, or use the
mailing list archives if you've lost the messages;

	http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/

For the time period between 10th April and 2nd May, the organisation
slot request and project selection, mentors will use the Google Summer
of Code link to the "Final PDF Proposals";

	https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/proposals/shared/

I think the above is sufficient.  I don't like adding a Wiki, or
GitHub repository because;

1.  it is unfair on students who have already submitted a proposal, as
we will have moved the goal posts,

2.  it puts proposals now in three places instead of two, making it
harder for students and others to keep these places synchronised.

3.  it isn't mentioned in Google Summer of Code guide to writing a
proposal.  https://google.github.io/gsocguides/student/writing-a-proposal

However, if we have a volunteer to collate all this, and
cross-reference it, and keep it up to date, we can't stop them.  But
requiring the students to do it is not right, as I said above.

On Mon, Apr 01, 2019 at 10:37:01PM +0530, kushagra nigam wrote:
> How about you create a repository with folders (project wise) and ask everyone
> of us to put a pull request of proposals accordingly. You can review the draft
> proposals, comment upon them, and then merge it.
>
> On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 at 21:54, Vipul Gupta <[1]vipulgupta2048 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     The GSoC GitHub page could keep good track of proposal links. Each
>     contributor can open an issue with a link to their proposal, so everyone in
>     the community can check it out.
>
>     Cordially,
>     Vipul Gupta
>     [2]Mixster | [3]Github
>
>     On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 8:59 PM Sumit Srivastava <[4]sumitsrisumit at gmail.com
>     > wrote:
>
>         I propose we should make a wiki.
>
>         We had it in the past, we should do it again.
>
>         On Mon, 1 Apr 2019, 7:36 pm Vaibhav Aren, <[5]vaibhavdaren at gmail.com>
>         wrote:
>
>             Is there a way to check the proposals on the project wise basis?
>             When I Go through mailing list it is very difficult to keep a track
>             and reply to the applicant or is going through sugar-devel archives
>             the only way?
>
>             Vaibhav Aren

> [1] mailto:vipulgupta2048 at gmail.com
> [2] https://mixstersite.wordpress.com/