[Sugar-devel] Requirements: Applying as mentor of Sugar Labs in Google Code-in'18

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Sep 21 17:25:34 EDT 2018

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 10:15:56AM -0400, Adam Holt wrote:
> That's a great list below!  Is this on the web somewhere hopefully?

Yes, the mailing list archives.  I've been posting it for several
months now; if you missed those posts, check your spam folder.  I
don't think it needs to be elsewhere.

Answering the original post; in my opinion Sugar Labs has been harmed
by mercenaries who know nothing about Sugar, Sugarizer, or Music
Blocks.  Your skills may be impressive, but you should first
demonstrate a benefit to Sugar Labs before Sugar Labs gives you a
label authorising you to guide students.  Active developers can still
help; I'm not an authorised mentor and have no wish to be, but I'm
told I am of help anyway.  You may seek that path.  Looking forward to
your coding contributions, Vaibhav.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/