[Sugar-devel] aslolite (was: ASLO shut down target date? (was: licensing question))

Tony Anderson tony at olenepal.org
Thu May 24 04:45:54 EDT 2018

Hi Walter,

I have been working on an alternative 'aslolite' to ASLO which will work
on a schoolserver. This requires all of the activity bundles be local.
Access is by a simple web interface  The entire aslolite is < 5GB. If
this space were available somewhere online, I could share aslolite with
the community.

Users with an Ubuntu Sugar would download the folder (could be tarball).
>From file://home/username/aslolite/index.html they can browse all 514
activities, click on one of interest, which Browse will download and
install. The activity can be immediately launched from the Home View.
Bundles for activities in github were built by setup.py from the
repository. Others were downloaded directly from ASLO.

Current limitations are some missing icons, summary descriptions are
from ASLO and need the ones from activities with summarize in
activity.info. The update to TurtleBlocks-218 has not been made. If it
is ready, a bundle of MusicBlocks should be made and included.

The activity tile does contains a help button for those activities with
Help.

Aslolite should work from an XSCE server for an XO deployment.

Tony