[Sugar-devel] licensing question

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Wed May 23 20:02:30 EDT 2018

The bulk of the Sugar Activities were contributed through the ASLO
process. This process assumes that the contributor is the
copyright-holder. The contributor was asked to specify a license.
Unfortunately that selection is not displayed on ASLO. Therefore, it is
likely that the license clause in the activities in Github were
arbitrarily chosen.

If SugarLabs has not received a letter from a lawyer in 10 years
probably means that there is no objection or that the copyright holder
sees our use as fair use.

If gplv3 is ok, it would seem that turtleblocks.js needs to change
license to gpl3 - something that Walter is fully authorized to do.

Tony