[Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] [IAEP] [SLOB] Action required: Devin Ulibarri travel/stipend

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu May 10 13:01:59 EDT 2018

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 12:32 PM Lionel Laské <lionel.laske at gmail.com>
wrote:

> +1
>
> BTW I'm agree with Caryl, the idea is to use this "honorarium" to defray
> his costs. Not considering it as a payment/salary/reward.
> I'm not at all a big fan of the use of word "honorarium", it's not the
> philosophy of SugarLabs to giving money to someone to represent SugarLabs.
> It's even dangerous: in few months a guy could ask us to pay him because
> he represented SugarLabs during a conference.

I don't know what the proper term should be, but this "honorarium" was not
solicited by Devin, but rather, it was offered by the school. It is quite
customary for this sort of thing in some cultures. Devin asked that the
money be routed through the SFC so that at least some of it would go
towards the support of SFC/SL.

regards.

-walter

>             Lionel.