[Sugar-devel] Meeting #2 of the project Setting up activity server.

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun May 6 22:41:19 EDT 2018

I can't delete it, I don't have access.  Only Ignacio does, and he's
inactive these days.

There's also https://github.com/sugarlabs-activities which has no
people.

No, I don't want everything in one bucket.  I'd prefer GitLab over
GitHub.

The make a new ASLO does look like a NIH (not invented here) syndrome,
and my preference is to fix the old one.  And that's what I was doing.

Programmers who refuse to learn a language or tool are just limiting
themselves.

That version number convention has been changed; it happened about
eight years ago, for v0.92, in commit
c7a80a1e56e4f52e280b0b1d87643899726f6c36 by Gonzalo Odiard and Simon
Schampijer as part of ticket #2425.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Dotted_Activity_Versions

I'm keeping the feature.  It is useful.

Bundle deletion should be done automatically; the scenario you gave
was limited space on a laptop and download using Browse.  As you said
before; why would we keep the bundle in the Journal after installing
it?

Yes, quite capable of releasing a new Hello World, but there's no
point doing so; (a) it is a useless activity, it doesn't even say
hello to the world, just to the user (b) it is only a coding example.

Users can refer to the activity already, they don't need a bundle for
it.  Pippy and Develop have what is needed.

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/