[Sugar-devel] [Activity-Team] Request to review GSoC Proposal

Tony Anderson tony at olenepal.org
Mon Mar 26 02:07:56 EDT 2018

As always, the question is the impact on our users. The traditional
source of information for users is http://www.sugarlabs.org and
http://www.laptop.org and, especially the wiki pages. The traditional
source for activities is http://activities.sugarlabs.org (ASLO). So far
the effect of gitHub has been to reduce the value of these two sources.
In many cases the activities on ASLO have been superceded by ones on
gitHub or other git repository but are not available to our users. The
documentation of activities on ASLO has never been adequate but now no
effort will be made to improve it. This continues the trend toward Sugar
being a playground for the technical elite.

Tony