[Sugar-devel] Introduction and review request of GSoC Proposal:

Rudra Sadhu rdrsadhu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 02:01:49 EDT 2018

thanks James for the assessment.

I've successfully migrated a few of the pages from
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities to GitHub
Find the pull request at https://github.com/godiard/help-activity/pull/38

and now, the wiki-pages needs to be deprecated.
As to delete a page from the wiki, an user needs 'administrators' rights,

thus,
Some possible ways to delete the pages are:
1. create a bot account with restricted permissions which can delete
pages(my preferred choice)
2. for a temporary period grant delete rights to me
3. someone trusted deletes the pages
4. something else and better (please suggest)

It may not be convenient to delete the pages manually as there will be
thousands of those(including extra images/files attached to the pages) for
the 345 pages to be migrated
All of the deletion is preferred to be done by a script (which uses
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Delete), under close supervision
Do not worry, no damage(if at all) will be permanent; since it is possible
to always recover pages deleted by an user with 'administrators' rights.
Read https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Deletion_and_undeletion

Please recommend the desired course of action

thanks,
Rudra Sadhu