[Sugar-devel] Suggestion; imperative mood for commit messages

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Mar 11 16:54:59 EDT 2018

When merging pull-requests for Sugar desktop and toolkit, I've often
reworded commits to fit our style, but wasn't quite sure what our
style was.

After seeing a post on Linux kernel wireless mailing list, I've
discovered what our style is.

Imperative mood.

For example, instead of "Fixed", use "Fix".

It comes from git.  It is not in GitHub Help.

I've added to our guide to contributing.
https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-docs/blob/master/src/contributing.md#making-commits

Developers can use this to make their pull-request look nicer.  ;-)