[Sugar-devel] licensing question

Tony Anderson tony at olenepal.org
Thu Jun 14 07:16:29 EDT 2018

Hi, D. Joe

Sugar users should not need to do any of this. For some reason, the
developers decided that somehow the installed activity should be git
init. The setup.py complains if the master is not a git repository (as
it is when downloaded as a zip). While this is not a problem for an
Ubuntu system, an XO does not have the storage capacity for .git. What
Sugar users expect and deserve to have is the ability to click on an
activity in ASLO, have it downloaded and installed by Browse in Sugar.