[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] Add a reset button to Sugar

Tony Anderson tony at olenepal.org
Sun Jun 10 23:41:29 EDT 2018

If you want to do this, ensure it is enabled by a gsetting.

First this use case does not apply to Sugar on Ubuntu since each user
has a separate account. Also, activities installed by the user goes into
the user's Activities directory. Finally, Sugar cannot and should not
touch the user's account in Ubuntu.

For the XO, the user account is olpc regardless of who is actually using
the computer. Activities added are available to all users and may well
be needed by all to complete school assignments. The Journal is a record
of the user's activities - including documents prepared by the user. The
user may need access to those documents to continue the work. Certainly
the user should not be forced to start over. Since the user is OLPC, I
have no idea what a 'create new user' prompt would be. Naturally, the
new user can change the nick, as always.

Tony