[Sugar-devel] New images for netbooks - Scratch-25.xo and gcompris-18.xo issues

Raul Benitez rbenitez at paraguayeduca.org
Wed Jul 18 13:24:48 EDT 2018

 Hello!

I need to ask you urgently, since I have time until this Friday to resolve
the problems.

I explain, we are in the process of creating new images for the 4,445
netbooks that will be delivered in public schools.

The configuration is as follows:

* Netbooks Houston Computer, 4GB DDR3L RAM, 32GB EMMc disk, IntelĀ® Celeron
N3060 processor.
* Sugar 0.110 on Ubuntu 17.10 Artful x86_64 GNU / Linux
https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/blob/master/docs/ubuntu.md

We will include 31 Sugar activities, of which 11 are with errors and can
not start.

Scratch-25.xo (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Scratch) and gcompris-18.xo (
https://activities.sugarlabs.org/es-ES/sugar/addon/4313) are two activities
important ones that have error. I describe below:

* Scratch-25.x only starts from the Home list view if you comment on line
34 "-vm-display-x11" of the "scratch-activity" script. In this way, it
starts correctly but when it exits it hangs up, I attach the error of the
log "edu.mit.media.ScratchActivity-4.log".
*What to do to close correctly? Is it okay to comment on that line of code?*

exec squeak \
# -vm-display-x11 \
-swapbtn \
-encoding UTF-8 -vm-sound-ALSA \
-sugarBundleId $ bundle_id \
-sugarActivityId $ activity_id \
ScratchXO.image $ resume

* GCompris-18.xo has a similar problem, it only starts from the Home list
view if in the last line 40 "exec $EXEC $args "$@"" from the script
"gcompris-activity" the arguments "$args "$@"" are deleted. In this way, it
starts correctly but when it exits it hangs up, I attach the error of the
log "net.gcompris-8.log".
*What to do to close correctly? Is any argument causing the error?*

echo $ args $ @
#exec $ EXEC $ args "$ @"
exec $ EXEC

Best regards,