[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Sugar on Fedora looking forward

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 08:53:32 EDT 2018

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 12:43 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 10:26:21PM +0800, Kalpa Welivitigoda wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 9:18 PM Chihurumnaya Ibiam
>> <ibiamchihurumnaya at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Peter,
>> >
>> > 1) Clock and Record have been ported to gst1.0
>> >
>> > 2) There are quite a number of activities that have/are being ported to gtk3 and more will follow.
>> >

>> I saw some PRs to port activities to gtk3, but not sure whether we
>> make a release once the porting is done. If we can make a release
>> (where applicable), we can continue to package for Fedora.
>>
>> btw, https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/s/sugar-* is the list of
>> sugar activities we package as of today.
>
> Please list which of these packages you think needs a port to GTK+ 3?
>
> You've probably got good access to the packaging sources, so you can
> find them quickly.
>
> Some of them I don't recognise, so there's a possibility that Sugar
> Labs isn't maintaining these sources (through contributor attrition or
> because the source came from elsewhere), and we may have to grab a
> copy of the sources held by Fedora.

Yes, I understand. The list I have is below:

$ dnf repoquery --whatrequires sugar-toolkit
sugar-analyze-0:8-20.fc28.noarch
sugar-calendario-0:4-12.fc28.noarch
sugar-castle-0:23-11.fc28.noarch
sugar-connect-0:22-21.fc28.noarch
sugar-countries-0:33-14.fc28.noarch
sugar-deducto-0:9-12.fc28.noarch
sugar-flipsticks-0:13-11.fc28.noarch
sugar-kuku-0:5-7.fc28.noarch
sugar-labyrinth-0:16-9.fc28.noarch
sugar-moon-0:17-5.fc28.noarch
sugar-moon-0:18-1.fc28.noarch
sugar-playgo-0:5-18.fc28.noarch
sugar-record-0:102-6.fc28.noarch
sugar-srilanka-0:3-7.fc28.noarch
sugar-starchart-0:16-8.fc28.noarch
sugar-view-slides-0:8-18.fc28.noarch
sugar-xomail-0:0-0.17.20090128.fc28.noarch