[Sugar-devel] Sugarizer Exerciser Activity

Aditi Gupta guptaaditi1709 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 00:21:16 EST 2018

Greetings!

I am Aditi Gupta, Computer Science and Engineering undergraduate, National
Institute of Technology Karnataka.

I have been working around with Sugarizer for more than over a month now. I
also worked on one of the issues:
https://github.com/llaske/sugarizer/pull/181

I appreciate the versatility of Sugarizer to be operated across several
platforms for all the devices. The suggested activity which allows users to
themselves create exercise will surely add to the flexibility Sugarizer has
been providing to its users.

Here are my concerns and musings on the project:

[1] Since this is a new project taken up, the activity has to be coded down
right from scratch. As suggested, we can first start off with a few basic
templates, build upon them and then incrementally add templates with
moderate difficulty level.

Suggested templates to start off with (sticking to 4 for now, if time
permits more functionalities to be added incrementally):

Template Gallery consisting of ->

1. MCQs (with one/more correct answers)
2. Jumbled letters (+ Reording a list of items, as suggested)
3. Matching Pairs
4. Cloze Test

[2] It is expected that the activity allows the user to share it on the
network and compare scores. I have checked
https://learningapps.org/createApp.php , seems intuitive enough.
Functionality of comparing scores with friends can be added.

[3] "The activity should allow to integrate multimedia element (images,
sounds, videos) coming from the Journal."
(?) Linking and retrieving content from past activities in journal has to
be enabled. (Is this more like copying and pasting from clipboard?)

Kindly explain what is expected from that clause and on what lines it
should be implemented.

As said, activity will be designed strictly adhering to Sugar UI.

I am willing to start working on this. I am open to suggestions from the
community.

Regards,
Aditi Gupta