[Sugar-devel] GSoC is for coding projects

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Feb 14 17:39:22 EST 2018

Four more tasks should be struck out; these would be very helpful to
Sugar Labs, but are non-programming; content creation or aggregation;

- Making a marketing animated website page of Sugar Labs,

- Sugar Labs Social,

- Making a Beginner Guide,

- Migration of wiki activity pages to git,

Rather than strike them out, an alternative is to rephrase them as
_only_ the programming task they contain.  For migration of Wiki
activity pages to GitHub, this could be "write a program to migrate
the pages that will be tested extensively and then used only once."

I'd make these changes myself for tasks I'm mentoring, but I'm not
mentoring any tasks.  I'll place that responsibility on the mentors;

- Making a marketing animated website page of Sugar Labs; Samson,
  Hrishi, and Jaskirat.

- Sugar Labs Social; Shivang, Hrishi, Samson, and Jaskirat,

- Making a Beginner Guide; Samson, Shivang, Rishabh, Hrishi, Walter
  and Jaskirat.

- Migration of wiki activity pages to git; "Activity team", which
  means nobody specific?

+CC these; as I'm not sure if they are on sugar-devel@

-CC slobs@

--