[Sugar-devel] GSOC - Code contribution

Rishabh Gupta rishu605 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 05:03:27 EST 2018

Yeah, I was talking about the migration of wiki pages to git ( sorry for
not mentioning the project name). I tried Pandoc on some texts and as you
said, the conversion was not completely efficient. I will definitely try to
experiment with Pandoc to make it more efficient.

Sugar labs has many repositories, can you please guide me to the repo which
you mentioned has the files that were worked upon during Google Code in.

On Tuesday, February 13, 2018, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> Thanks for your interest.
>
> You didn't mention a project in your subject, but from your mention of
> Pandoc you probably mean the first project on the page;
>
> https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2018
>
> ... which at the moment is migration of wiki activity pages to git.
>
> Pandoc is certainly helpful for that, though in a recent migration of
> Sugar installation instructions the output of Pandoc needed some more
> editing.
>
> You might experiment with other Pandoc options, or look into how to
> change or upgrade Pandoc to better meet the needs of the project.
>
> Also survey the README.md files in the Fructose activity set, as some
> of them were recently improved by GCi, and won't need to be replaced.
>
> Also plan for the Wiki pages to be deleted and replaced by a reference
> to the GitHub hosted README.md file.
>
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 02:49:00PM +0530, Rishabh Gupta wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > My name is Rishabh Gupta. I am a third year student of Birla Institute of
> > Technology, India.
> >
> > I have gone through the ideas page of Sugar labs for this year of GSOC.
> I would
> > like to contribute to the project mentioned in the subject. I started
> doing
> > some work on the project and found out softwares like Pandoc which make
> it easy
> > to convert files between different markups. I did try to convert some
> pages
> > from mediawiki to markdown as well.
> >
> > I am interested in contributing to Sugar labs via this project or any
> other and
> > I think this will also be a learning experience for me.
> >
> > Can the mentors please guide me on how to proceed further.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Rishabh

> James Cameron
> http://quozl.netrek.org/