[Sugar-devel] GSOC - Code contribution

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Feb 13 04:36:42 EST 2018

Thanks for your interest.

You didn't mention a project in your subject, but from your mention of
Pandoc you probably mean the first project on the page;

https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2018

... which at the moment is migration of wiki activity pages to git.

Pandoc is certainly helpful for that, though in a recent migration of
Sugar installation instructions the output of Pandoc needed some more
editing.

You might experiment with other Pandoc options, or look into how to
change or upgrade Pandoc to better meet the needs of the project.

Also survey the README.md files in the Fructose activity set, as some
of them were recently improved by GCi, and won't need to be replaced.

Also plan for the Wiki pages to be deleted and replaced by a reference
to the GitHub hosted README.md file.

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 02:49:00PM +0530, Rishabh Gupta wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> My name is Rishabh Gupta. I am a third year student of Birla Institute of
> Technology, India.
>
> I have gone through the ideas page of Sugar labs for this year of GSOC. I would
> like to contribute to the project mentioned in the subject. I started doing
> some work on the project and found out softwares like Pandoc which make it easy
> to convert files between different markups. I did try to convert some pages
> from mediawiki to markdown as well.
>
> I am interested in contributing to Sugar labs via this project or any other and
> I think this will also be a learning experience for me.
>
> Can the mentors please guide me on how to proceed further.
>
> Thank you,
> Rishabh

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/