[Sugar-devel] Sugar Labs 2018-2020 Oversight Board Election Results

Alex Perez aperez at alexperez.com
Mon Dec 17 15:01:37 EST 2018

Agreed, the voter turnout of just under 26% is highly unfortunate, and I
personally think it would be worth sending a questionnaire to the 124
members we know did not submit a vote, but were "registered" to do so,
asking a question or two about why they chose not to vote. Was it a
matter of not knowing about the candidates, or no longer caring about
Sugar, etc?

> Ifeanyi Peter <mailto:ifeanyipeter42 at yahoo.com>
> December 17, 2018 at 5:29 AM
> Congratulations to the new Oversight Board Members.
>

> The ballot is kinda poor, not even up to 50% members voted.
>
> Thanks to the electoral committee for an awesome job
>
> - Ifeanyi Ekperi
> Designer, WP Expert

> December 15, 2018 at 3:01 AM
> Hello,
>
> 43 out of 167 Sugar Labs member voted during the Sugar Labs 2018-2020
> Election.
>
> Congratulations to the winners who have been selected for the
> 2018-2020 period:
>
> 1. *Walter Bender*
> 2. *James Cameron*
> 3. *Lionel Laské*
> *4. Alex Perez *
> *5. Devin Ulibarri*
> *
> *
> Results are available at the following URL:
>
> https://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/results.pl?id=E_7e20f77cd6595bfe&rkey=dd2850a107103a39
> <https://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/results.pl?id=E_7e20f77cd6595bfe&rkey=dd2850a107103a39>
>
> For more information about the Condorcet Internet Voting Service, see
> http://civs.cs.cornell.edu <http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/>
>
> Many thanks to Ibiam Chihurumnaya, Rahul Bothra,Jaskirat Singh, Anmol
> Mishra, and Amaan Iqbal for their candidacies submissions and for
> their interest to be part of the Sugar Labs Oversight Board.
>
> Many thanks to everyone in the Membership and Elections Committee, for
> all their efforts and time dedicated to maintaining the Sugar Labs
> member's list.
>
> Many thanks to the Wiki and Systems teams for their ongoing support.
>

> *Membership and Elections Committee*
> Project Sugar Labs

Sent from Postbox