[Sugar-devel] Problem with Sugar Record activity OS-Builder

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Aug 26 19:07:50 EDT 2018

G'day,

Sugar 0.112 with Record-103 works for me on an OLPC XO-1.5 with OLPC
OS 13.2.9.  I don't know what version of Record you have used.  Please
upgrade.

I've worked hard on Sugar between 0.108 and 0.112, so please let me
know if there are any problems that prevent you from using 0.112.

Please test camera using Terminal;

	gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src ! xvimagesink

or

	gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src ! videorate ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink

Looking at your log;

- libv4l2 errors about ioctl are critical; on the XO-1.5 the camera
  I/O pins are shared with the serial port, so check that you have no
  serial port attached, and check another XO-1.5,

- GstObject and HoppoCanvasBox messages also happen for me and are
  normal,

- warning in sugar/graphics/window.py:191 also happens for me and is
  normal.

- other warnings have been fixed in Sugar 0.112.

You can find Sugar 0.112 packages for XO-1.5 at http://rpmdropbox.laptop.org/f18/

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/