[Sugar-devel] Congratulations to all the Students in Gsoc 2018

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Apr 26 03:11:11 EDT 2018

Glide, please note that Google Summer of Code FAQ says that
GSoC is not considered to be an internship.

https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/faq

"Is GSoC considered an internship, a job, or any form of employment?

No. GSoC is an activity that the student performs as an independent developer for which he/she is paid a stipend."

I speculate that part of the reason for this is that "internship" is
ambiguous and has different meanings across different cultures.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 09:59:11AM +0300, Glide wrote:
> Hello Vipul,
>
> I checked out your blog post and i really like your blog in general.
>
> But there was a part when you said this:  "Again, GSoC is not an internship, it
> is simply a program. Nothing more, nothing less.". Well, i think GSoC is a
> summer internship program by google. I believe you can put it that way. But
> correct me if i'm wrong.
>
> By the way, are you on instagram? I have a bit of an audience in the coding
> space. I would love to post your blog post in a story and link to your account
> by mentioning you in the story.
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 9:36 PM, Vipul Gupta <[1]vipulgupta2048 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>     The first blog post is made here [1], please provide your valuable feedback
>     on the setup and post structure.
>
>     [1] - [2]https://mixstersite.wordpress.com/2018/04/25/123gsoc/
>
>     Cordially,
>     Vipul Gupta
>     [3]Mixster | [4]Github
>
>     On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 1:03 PM, Jaskirat Singh <[5]juskirat2000 at gmail.com>
>     wrote:
>
>         Heartiest felicitations to everyone on this big achievement.
>         May you be a successful coder throughout this journey !!
>         Wish you good luck.
>
>         Happy Coding !

> [1] mailto:vipulgupta2048 at gmail.com
> [2] https://mixstersite.wordpress.com/2018/04/25/123gsoc/