[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Re: [IAEP] Sugar Design Meeting/Reunión 21 September at 11 PM UTC IRC Sugar Meeting [DESIGN]

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Sun Sep 24 10:25:43 EDT 2017

Walter,

Thanks for your work and consideration for the importance of Language
translation support on Sugar Labs channels. I hope we get Spanish support
back in Sugar-Meeting.

All user data I have is equally accessible for everyone and it is the
results of 4 years of Hexoquinasa and the Sugar Network local node
<http://network.sugarlabs.org/stats-viewer/> deployment at Perú.

As for the "Design insights", I have learn the best practice is to clearly
understand the request before making suggestions and/or prototyping a
solution.

In the example we are setting, the user requesting this feature underlined
the need is* for very young children to be able to easily install new
activities.*

I agree an Activity Catalog from the main icon would serve the purpose as
long as the caretaker/teacher/parent can pre-set preferences for filtering
/ displaying proper Activities for the specific learner's needs.

*I'll follow your suggestion and draft a description of what a **"Sugar
Activities Catalog" could be/do.*

Thanks again, regards and happy equinox!

Laura Victoria