[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Re: [IAEP] Sugar Design Meeting/Reunión 21 September at 11 PM UTC IRC Sugar Meeting [DESIGN]

Tony Anderson tony at olenepal.org
Fri Sep 22 09:37:49 EDT 2017

On 09/22/2017 07:19 AM, Laura Vargas wrote:
> Let's say for example a teacher on field suggests we should make
> downloading new activities easy and doable from the Sugar User
> Interface. What should the teacher do with his/her idea?

First, we need a way for the teacher to make that request. Perhaps we
need something on the SugarLabs web site that steers a user to a support
forum.

Second, explain how to do this. It is very simple if the user has access
to the internet (go to ASLO, click on download, and the Browse activity
installs it).
Generally browsers will download mime_types where immediate rendering is
not available such as .xo bundles. So a user can download the xo bundle,
copy it to a usb stick, and then install using sugar-install-bundle.The
schoolserver provides the ability to use Browse to install activities
from links to the bundles.

This is the advantage of being specific. It enables specific proposals
to deal  with the issue effectively and appropriately.

Tony