[Sugar-devel] meet to discuss the release process

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 19:02:50 EDT 2017

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 8:27 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Would interested developers be available to meet in IRC on Tuesday, 19
> September, at 5PM US/ET (9PM UTC) to discuss the Sugar release process?
> Given the chaos of late, it would be helpful if we were all on the same
> page.
>
> #sugar-meeting irc.freenode.net

Notes from today's meeting

=== 19 September 2017 21:00 UTC ===
[
http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/2017-09-19T21:01:38.html
minutes]
[http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/2017-09-19T21:01:38
log]

Topics:

;Release Manager: We ack'd James Cameron in his role as release manager for
0.112.
;Community Standards: We reiterated the importance of civil behavior and
the necessity to work with the community, not unilaterally. We also
reviewed the mechanisms we use for pull requests, reviews, and merging.
;0.112 release testing: We discussed
https://wiki/sugarlabs.org/go/0.112/Testing
;Version numbering: We agreed to investigate the possibility of switching
to 113 for the next release (a monotonic numbering system).
;ALSOv3: We agreed to work with SCG to do the ground work necessary to get
ALSOv3 launched.

regards,

-walter
--