[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Sugar Design Meeting/Reunión 21 September at 11 PM UTC IRC Sugar Meeting

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Mon Sep 18 22:04:18 EDT 2017

> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 08:30:06PM -0500, Laura Vargas wrote:

> >     G'day Laura,
> >
> >     You aren't a member of the design team...
> >
> > Can you please point me to the procedure to become a member?
>
> No, it was a practice not a procedure.  The practice was for
> the design team to accept a designer after;
>
> 1.  they had expressed interest,

I had express interest.

> 2.  they had demonstrated their credentials as a designer,

I have demonstrated my credentials as designer with Sugar Labs as well; am
the Designer of the UI of the Sugar Network project, currently deployed on
field in a country scale and with the Ministry of Peru educational offices
good review.

> 3.  the team had met to discuss.

Last meeting according to the wiki was more than 5 years ago. I am calling
interested parties to resuscitate this team.

> A procedure is not required.
>
> > Last meeting in the wiki for such design team was August 26th 2012.
> >
> > I would say it is an abandoned team.
>
> It is not abandoned.  I still have occasional communication from
> members of the team, and the [DESIGN] tag continues to be used
> occasionally.

You mean you as OLPC?

> You and Sebastian seem to be trying to gain control of every team you
> can find; board, elections, finance, design

There are many abandoned teams at Sugar Labs. Am trying to reverse that
trend.

FYI Sebastian as many others lost hope of Sugar ever evolving, and he
became inactive as many other have. Now that I have managed to inspire him
to become active again I am very happy.

> ... while I can appreciate
> your enthusiasm, it does seem very odd.  You aren't building trust or
> consensus.

Am sorry you feel that way.

> Also, I note you did not respond to the other items in my mail.  You
> have been very selective.

Sorry if I missed anything.

I am tired of explaining why I want to contribute to Sugar Labs.

--
Laura V.
* I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*

“Solo la tecnología libre nos hará libres.”
~ L. Victoria

Happy Learning!
#LearningByDoing
#Projects4good