[Sugar-devel] [RELEASE] Sugar-Artwork 0.111-libre unstable

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Sat Sep 16 08:52:52 EDT 2017

On 16/09/17 03:31, Chihurumnaya Ibiam wrote:
> Sebastian, do you mind me saying/assuming that you're bringing this up
> because James released 0.111 and you think it has something to do with
> OLPC?.
>
> *Ibiam Chihurumnaya*

Hi Ibiam,

Thanks for your interest! It inspires us to continue to make a stand for
users such as yourself.

Yes it is a reaction to an arbitrary release process by an employee of
this laptop vendor.

I would like to add that while I think it is likely that /every/ current
and former employee of it, is an *excellent person* individually, and we
have sincere appreciation for their work, *as an organization*, they've
been erratic at best.

In fact it is not even clear who they are (Inc? Association?
Foundation?) - yet we have remained branded with their logo.

Sugar Labs has a duty to protect downstream users, developers and vendor
freedom, and to remain /truly /neutral to hardware providers.

Happy Software Freedom Day everyone!

Regards,
Sebastian