[Sugar-devel] [sugar-sur] [SLOBS] [IAEP] [SLOB] Acknowledgment of translation request (was Re: [SLOBS] [IAEP] [SLOB] Motion regarding xo-computer icon)

Ryan Cunningham levantamos.para.unir at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 00:35:39 EDT 2017

Enviado desde mi iPod

> El sept 15, 2017, a las 21:30, Ryan Cunningham <levantamos.para.unir at gmail.com> escribió:
>

> Enviado desde mi iPod
> El sept 15, 2017, a las 13:39, Laura Vargas <laura at somosazucar.org> escribió:
>
>> Walter,  Adam,
>>
>> Am confused here. Why did we not need a motion to make the question to Tony in the first place?
>>
>> Can you please clarify.
>>
>> Procedure Note: In my opinion such legal related motions should be translated to Sugar Labs main users language: Spanish. This takes time but needs to be done so that real Sugar users can understand what the Oversight is requesting.
>
> I am happy to do that!
>
> I am Ryan Cunningham, and I have lots of second-language experience in Spanish. As far as I remember, I have attended two Spanish classes in middle school (taught by Sally Unger) and three in high school (two taught by Derek Hite and one by Sandra Miller). I have also traveled twice to Panama and once to Spain (including to Catalonia, which desires to separate from Spain), and I have also watched a few episodes of "Plaza Sésamo," the adaptation of "Sesame Street" into the Spanish language for Latin American audiences.
>
> (By the way, I have previously sent e-mail messages to this list in English and Spanish.)
>
> Before you make the choice to accept me into or deny me this job, you should know that I cannot handle any requirement for recurring payment; and you also should know that I do not charge any money for my translations, the original documents of which I require to be submitted in English (preferably by e-mail).

Also, I believe this is outside the scope of Sugar's use of the Translation Project Web site, since I will be translating directive motions, not software.

In addition, I ask that you send the original materials in the form of a private message to me (not on the list). My address is in the headers of this message.