[Sugar-devel] [Marketing] [SLOBS] [SLOB] xo-computer icon

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Thu Sep 14 08:50:37 EDT 2017

On 14/09/17 07:37, Sean DALY wrote:
> Laura, I am not a lawyer, but the inclusion of a trademarked logo does
> not make software nonfree.
Neither am I, but the criteria for libre software is easy enough to
understand. Here it is (in my own words):

Freedom 0: The liberty to use for *any *purpose
Freedom 1: The liberty to make *modifications*
**Freedom 2: The liberty to *redistribute *to others
Freedom 3: The liberty to *distribute modified* copies

A trademark in the main interface icon clearly inhibits Freedom 0, 1 and 3.

Regards,
Sebastian
**