[Sugar-devel] logo dicussion

Samson Goddy samsongoddy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 08:00:11 EDT 2017

On Sep 14, 2017 12:52 PM, "Laura Vargas" <laura at somosazucar.org> wrote:

> I didn't wanted to reply earlier because i wanted to be sure what the
> discussion was all about. I perfectly understand Sebastian worries. But as
> walter mention Sugar Labs was a spinoff of OLPC and that is why the logo is
> still present. Now, what i think we should do is to ask SLOBS if we want to
> make these changes, make a good logo, the present one from Sebastian is
> good but it is similar to Gnome logo. So we should calm them design a new
> one that if SLOBS approve the chnages.
>
> As for me, leaving the XO logo from Sugar is a smart move to marketing,
> our goal is to make Sugar available to all users not just OLPC by doing
> that we should have Sugar OS logo to make things neutral.
>
> Sebastian, since you co-sign the agreement could you please take my
> suggestions and make things official by take it to SLOBS make design open
> for members to agree on a design because the current one for me is not
> acceptable.

Samson,

Old trademarked OLPC logo is gone now.

If you think the one proposed by Sebastian is "not acceptable" you must
explain your reasons. For me it is.

Very similar to Gnome logo

As I have said earlier, am all for a Sugar Marathon Design. You in?

Sugar Marathon Design??

We don't we do an Open Logo competition online and share with members for
our users to design good logo, reflecting what sugar is. Like how Sugar
Labs logo came alive.

Regards

--
Laura V.
* I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*

“Solo la tecnología libre nos hará libres.”
~ L. Victoria

Happy Learning!
#LearningByDoing
#Projects4good