[Sugar-devel] logo dicussion

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Thu Sep 14 07:51:45 EDT 2017

> I didn't wanted to reply earlier because i wanted to be sure what the
> discussion was all about. I perfectly understand Sebastian worries. But as
> walter mention Sugar Labs was a spinoff of OLPC and that is why the logo is
> still present. Now, what i think we should do is to ask SLOBS if we want to
> make these changes, make a good logo, the present one from Sebastian is
> good but it is similar to Gnome logo. So we should calm them design a new
> one that if SLOBS approve the chnages.
>
> As for me, leaving the XO logo from Sugar is a smart move to marketing,
> our goal is to make Sugar available to all users not just OLPC by doing
> that we should have Sugar OS logo to make things neutral.
>
> Sebastian, since you co-sign the agreement could you please take my
> suggestions and make things official by take it to SLOBS make design open
> for members to agree on a design because the current one for me is not
> acceptable.

Samson,

Old trademarked OLPC logo is gone now.

If you think the one proposed by Sebastian is "not acceptable" you must
explain your reasons. For me it is.

As I have said earlier, am all for a Sugar Marathon Design. You in?

Regards

--
Laura V.
* I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*

“Solo la tecnología libre nos hará libres.”
~ L. Victoria

Happy Learning!
#LearningByDoing
#Projects4good