[Sugar-devel] logo dicussion

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Thu Sep 14 07:19:57 EDT 2017

On 14/09/17 05:40, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> Sebastian want a version of sugar-artwork with his own logo,
> he can fork the repository. Sugarlabs repositories should be managed
> according with the community rules
> and looking for consensus.
>
> Gonzalo
Hi Gonzalo,

As you yourself pointed out in #96, pull requests could be years to be
accepted. The linked "community rules", mention "reviewers" and
"maintainers" who in reality don't review or maintain anymore. Much less
have the guts to make a stand to protect users and downstream's freedom
or even care about it. Such a process have no meaning when /nobody is
responsible/ for the release. I fully assume responsibility for my
actions, as I stand by them and will defend them.

You are welcome to make a pull request and follow the "community rules"
to get it merged.

So if OLPC want's to put their trademark in everybody's face, then the
burden of forking should be on them (note: as they already do, out of
frustration with our "community rules" not working).

If we lack a release manager, then the "Development Team" should
communicate this. The recent release by OLPC of Sugar was a take over
which I won't allow, not while my name is in a contract, and, more
importantly, not while it goes against my principles to force a
potentially abused trademark into every project I love.

Regards,
Sebastian