[Sugar-devel] Is it ok to host my activity in my Github repositories ?

laurent bernabe laurent.bernabe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 06:04:07 EDT 2017

Thank you very much,

of course, as an hobbyist developper, it is fine to share it on
http://github.com/sugarlabs.
So I must first become a member of Sugarlabs -but I think I am already a
member as loloof64 : there's been a while since I developped my first
activity- and take a suitable license for my source code.

I'm going to check all right now.

> You could host a repository in http://github.com/sugarlabs if;
>
> (a) the repository is part of, or used with Sugar or Sugarizer,
>
> (b) you are a member of the http://github.com/sugarlabs organisation,
>
> (c) the license of the source code is consistent with Sugar Labs
> guidelines,
>
> (d) you welcome others in Sugar Labs to have commit access, or want a
> central location for tracking Issues or a Wiki.
>
> You could host a repository in your own GitHub account if you've no
> reason to have other people push commits, or no reason to have your
> repository found in a search of http://github.com/sugarlabs
>
> If it is your source code, it is your responsibility to choose.  ;-)
>
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 11:43:28AM +0200, laurent bernabe wrote:
> > Hello everyone again,
> >
> > Further to my email about the problem I am facing with my activity icon
> inside
> > Sugarizer, I bet I can leave it as it for now, and that the Sugarizer
> problem
> > will be resolved later.
> >
> > But now I have an important point : as for the VCS system, late ago I
> used the
> > common sugar repository. Following - from far - many Sugar Devel emails,
> it
> > seems to me that it is ok to use my own repository on Github : am I
> right ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > --
> > Regards,