[Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] attachment for Aymara translation contract

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 08:10:21 EDT 2017

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Lionel Laské <lionel.laske at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm using .INI files and generate the .PO to include it in the translation
> platform.
> Not sure to understand how your notes generation work but if it uses PO
> file it should work for Sugarizer too.

I do the opposite: I have scripts to generate POT files from individual
repositories. That way I can grab translation notes, line numbers, etc. I
then generate an INI file from the PO files. The script that updates POs
(and creates, for example, Spanish TRANS notes for Aymara) works from the
POT file too.

The issue with doing this in Sugarizer is that you've put everything into
one giant repo as far as I can tell. So you may have to adjust how my
scripts walk through the file hierarchy.

>        Lionel.

>>> It will be interesting for next translations to integrate Sugarizer too.
>>> If Edgar don't speak english he could use Spanish strings. Plus, because
>>> Sugarizer is on the web, he could easily see what strings means directly
>>> into Sugarizer without any installation.
>>>

>> I have scripts to generate translation notes from one PO file to another.
>> Having the Spanish in-line makes it much much easier for someone like
>> Edgar. Are you using PO files in your backend? As I recall you were going
>> directly to .INI files?
>>
>> regards.
>>
>> -walter
>>

>>>             Lionel.