[Sugar-devel] ASLO activities with no repository

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed May 24 03:33:35 EDT 2017

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 11:49:30AM +0800, Tony Anderson wrote:
> Hi, James
>
> Gonzalo Odiard has written an email explaining the tamtam
> situation. There is one repository from which all four activity
> bundles are created.

Yes, I saw.

> This also applies to the wikipedia activities.

Yes, I saw.

I already knew how they were created, I was pointing out your test for
repository was somewhat limited.

> I'll add the 'protected activities' to the spreadsheet.

I don't think you should refer to 'protected activities' at all, as
inclusion in the list outside the scope of Sugar Labs.  The default
value in Sugar is an empty set.  No activity is protected in Sugar as
it is released by Sugar Labs.

> The search method was simple: I went through the two sites item by
> item (30 or so page). I only looked at git.sugarlabs.org and
> github/sugarlabs.

Yes, now it is certain you do not have a well-tested methodology for
locating repositories.  Perhaps you'd like to write up a methodology
on the Wiki to which we can all contribute to?

> That is the reason for the email - these are activites with no
> repository in these two locations. If there is one, I hope the
> developer or someone with knowledge will point to it. Gonzalo
> pointed to the list:
> https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Translation_Team/Pootle_Projects/Repositories.
> I'll check that to see if it contains an activity on the list.

As I said previously, locating repositories is much more involved than
testing two sites using a web browser.

I don't think asking by presenting a 224 entry list has worked.

Gonzalo probably answered because he saw my very small list of
exceptions.  ;-)

> The long-run solution is for each bundle to have a link to its
> repository in activity.info.

Only once an activity is maintained.  Until then, don't bother.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/