[Sugar-devel] ASLO activities with no repository

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon May 22 22:00:06 EDT 2017

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 04:24:06PM +0800, Tony Anderson wrote:
> On 05/22/2017 04:01 PM, James Cameron wrote:
> >On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 10:45:51AM +0800, Tony Anderson wrote:
> >>There are 224 activities in ASLO which do not appear to have github
> >>repositories [see attachment].
> >What do you mean by that?  How are you testing if they have a
> >repository?
> >
> >With Log, Record, Jukebox, Read, PyCut, TamTam, and Terminal in your
> >list, it would seem that your test must be somewhat limited.
> >
> Log, Record, Jukebox, Read and Terminal should not have been
> there. I assume the eight protected activities have repositories.

There's no reason to assume that an activity "protected" by OLPC OS
Builder should have a respository.  The builder is maintained by OLPC.

> TamTam has four activities but only one repository. I didn't include
> the repository because I don't understand how the four activities
> are created from it, if they are.

Could you have better explained that in the list?

> PyCut may have a personal repository. I just double-checked. No
> repository.
>
> The search was limited to git.sugarlabs.org and github/sugarlabs.

That's very limited.  PyCut is easily found on GitHub.  You can also
do a quoted search for the bundle_id text.  PyCut is very well
documented on the Sugar Labs Wiki.

It seems you do not have a well-tested methodology for locating
repositories.  Perhaps you'd like to write up a methodology on the
Wiki to which we can all contribute to?

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/