[Sugar-devel] New-ASLO and Sugar Network (was: Re: [IAEP] (Goals and Mission) with Microsoft in it?)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri May 19 16:54:15 EDT 2017

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 06:04:23PM +0530, Jatin Dhankhar wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     At one time there was a ASLO->Sugar Network synchronization script.
>
>     Information about the internals of Sugar Network are documented here:
>     [1]https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Network/API
>
>     Sugar Network was meant to do what ASLO does and also provide a community
>     support platform, and place to share creations and projects.
>     It would be interesting at least to draw inspiration from. Laura, Aleksey
>     and me were original designers and implementers, always looking for ways to
>     make the vision a reality, and hoping to collaborate.
>

> Original idea was to make ASLO easy to install (as easy pulling a
> docker image and running it) on a local network, so every
> organization can have a local way to distribute activities within
> the network. Now we are having much more active participation ,
> which I think will clear any misunderstanding left and pave path on
> which ASLO development will move.

Your reply seems to be cross-purposes, or orthogonal, to what
Sebastian said.  You may draw much inspiration from Sugar Network, as
it is more complete, pervasive, and better performing than ASLO.  It
also has way more users, which should count for something.

It is the elephant in the room; a pre-existing improvement on ASLO in
heavy use, with a small dedicated team.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/