[Sugar-devel] (Goals and Mission) with Microsoft in it?

Samson Goddy samsongoddy at gmail.com
Fri May 12 09:35:25 EDT 2017

Hello all,

I  was surfing the internet, and i saw some interesting articles concerning
Microsoft partnership with some linux distros like Fedora, Ubuntu and Suse.
The whole deal is to make Fedora, Ubuntu and Suse available in the windows
store. Meaning you can now run Ubuntu, Fedora and Suse like an application
without worrying to get a virtual box.

 I also think that Sugar Labs can also use this as an advantage to port
Sugar as an application in the new windows 10S. These will really go along
for this organization and more especially reaching more users in the MS
world, because MS is making sure schools uses windows as an E-learning
tool. So i think we should put this project as a goal for Sugar Labs, like
we did with Raspberry Pi. I think we should really join the trend so that
we can get more people using Sugar for Learning.

So what are your thought on this development?

[1]
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/5/11/15625320/ubuntu-suse-linux-fedora-windows-store-microsoft-build-2017
[2] https://fossbytes.com/ubuntu-linux-in-windows-store/

BR